ROASTED AUTUMN VEGETABLE SOUP WITH CARROT SALAD
ROASTED AUTUMN VEGETABLE SOUP
Roasting sweet potatoes, carrots and onions helps bring out their natural sweetness. Blend them, and you have a warm, healthy soup for a cool night.
- 1 pound Sweet Potato
- 1 Large Yellow or White Onion
- 3 Long Carrots
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 4 cups vegetable stock
Preheat oven to 350˚F
Coarsely chop the vegetables and place in a large bowl.
Add olive oil, nutmeg, cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, salt, pepper and mix well.
Place on a baking sheet or in a baking dish.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove vegetables from the oven, place in a saucepan, discard the extra oil and add the vegetable stock.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Puree soup until smooth in small batches in a blender
crisp bacon, kielbasa sausage, ham, cooked chicken
roasted sweet potato chunks, roasted carrots, roasted onions
Recipe courtesy of Family Circle Magazine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bag (10 ounces) shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 small red onion, chopped
1. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, mustard, salt and sugar in small bowl.
2.Combine carrots, raisins, and onion in large bowl.
3. Add dressing.
4. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.